Compulsory Training for New Supervisors
Welcome to those of you who are new to Southern Cross University.
For those who have been promoted and now supervise staff, welcome to your new role. A range of professional learning opportunities are available to support you in your important role in supervising staff.
Your role as an effective supervisor is critical in ensuring that the people you supervise and lead perform to the best of their ability.
An introductory compulsory package of training for new supervisors is available. It is a compulsory requirement that all supervisors complete the following initial package within six months:
- EO Online (a pre- requisite for Staff Selection and Interview Skills and PMDR for Supervisors);
- No Bullying;
- PMDR for Supervisors;
- Introduction to Handling Difficult Conversations (the first in a series of programs to be offered at a later date); and
- Staff Selection and Interview Skills.
Two additional programs are under development:
- Indigenous Cultural Competency;
- Workplace Health and Safety for Supervisors.
When these two programs are ready for introduction, and you have already completed the available programs, you will be advised and will have six months to complete these last two.
For assistance and further information concerning other professional learning opportunities refer to:
- SCU Professional Learning Calendar (accessed via MyHR);
- Organisation Development and Planning website;
- or contact the Manager, Organisation Development (e-mail: email@example.com or phone: ext: 73953).
Updated: 30 April 2013