Essential Training for New Employees
Welcome to Southern Cross University.
A range of professional learning opportunities are available to you during your time at the University. As part of your introduction, a package of essential training has been devised.
The intent of the package is to familiarise you with University processes and make you aware of what is required of you. To obtain best results, you should review the following list of professional learning programs with your supervisor to identify those relevant to your position and complete the appropriate training as soon as possible:
- EO Online (must be completed during your first week as part of your induction);
- Workplace Health and Safety training;
- SCU Systems and Information Technology (eg Student 1, Finance 1, E-Trans, Email and Calendaring, using the network and Blackboard); and
- Staff Selection and Interview Skills (completion of EO Online is a pre-requisite for this program). This program is for supervisors and managers only.
- Indigenous Cultural Competency (available shortly).
For assistance and further information concerning other professional learning opportunities refer to:
- SCU Professional Learning Calendar (accessed via MyHR);
- Organisation Development and Planning website;
- or contact the Manager, Organisation Development (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: ext: 73953)
Updated: 20 June 2012