Providing support documents
In most cases, you must supply documents to support and verify your application for Advanced Standing. You will find general information about the supporting documents you will need to provide, below and in 'Part Two' of the relevant Course Enrolment Guide. Within 'Part One', some guides also contain course specific Advanced Standing requirements.
Original & Certified Copies of Documents
In most instances, the documents submitted with your application for Advanced Standing must be certified copies of originals. Sometimes SCU staff will ask to sight original documents.
Non-English documents must be submitted in the original language, accompanied by an authorised English translation. For more information download the Certification and Translation Guidelines.
Advanced Standing based on previous study
To apply for Advanced Standing based on previous tertiary study, including study at TAFE, with Private Registered Training Providers (RTO's), Higher Education Providers (HEP's) or other universities, please attach the following:
- Transcript(s) or Statement of Results for completed or partially completed courses or qualification(s), (including any failures and an explanation of the grading system
- The award (course or qualification) Testamur or Certificate if completed, or Statement of Attainment for a partially completed qualification
- Detailed course outline and/or unit statements(s)
However, if your prior study was completed at SCU you may only need to supply copies of unit statements for units completed.
Advanced Standing based on professional level experience or expertise
For Advanced Standing based on current professional level community or industry experience, skills or expertise, you may submit the following:
- Cover letter (stating why advanced standing should be granted)
- Current résumé
- Evidence of Training and Professional Development via 'Statement(s) of Attendance', Certificate(s) or a signed professional development register.
- Position Description(s) and/or Performance Review(s) listing duties and key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Detailed Statement of Professional or Voluntary Service from current and/or previous employer(s), supervisor(s) or trainer(s). More than a reference, this document must be on letterhead, contain the contact details of the organisation, display the date of issue, identify and be signed by the issuer, detail the length and breadth of service (full or part time capacity) and list duties and responsibilities.
and where applicable:
- Work samples such as a professional or creative portfolio, design(s) or project plan(s), with evidence of outcomes.
Updated: 10 December 2012