Notification of your Advanced Standing
STEP 1 - Notification
Southern Cross University will acknowledge the receipt of your Application for Advanced Standing and contact you in writing with the outcome by email or post.
- Processing and assessment of your application can take from one to four weeks, depending on the complexity of the request and provision of supporting documents.
- Applicants should regularly check their personal or SCU Email for notification regarding their Advanced Standing application.
- Students should always ensure their contact details are up-to-date in 'My Enrolment'.
- International onshore students must provide original documents or certified copies of original documents at Orientation.
- They should consult the International Refund Policy contained in their International Students - Acceptance Procedures - All Campuses regarding any financial impacts this may have on their enrolment.
If you are granted Advanced Standing this will be categorised on your Advanced Standing Notification as either Exempt, Elective, General or Designated. The unit code(s), Name(s) and Credit Points will also appear.
If you have any questions once you have received notification of the advanced standing granted to you, or otherwise, please contact your School, College or overseas SCU location.
STEP 2 - Confirm your study plan
Advanced Standing granted may affect your study plan and the units in which you need to enrol to complete your degree. If you require study plan and unit sequence advice please contact your School, College or Shared Services Centre or your local administration officer at the overseas SCU location.
For International students studying in Australia, any Advanced Standing granted is included in the original Offer of Study and is accepted automatically when accepting the Offer of Study.
For International students studying overseas, SCU will provide the advanced standing outcome via the partner institute they are studying with.
International students studying overseas may be required to accept the offer of Advanced Standing in writing by completing the 'Advanced Standing Acceptance Declaration' that accompanies the 'Advanced Standing Notification'.
Enquiries regarding advanced standing outcomes should be directed to the Administration Officer at the SCU overseas location (partner institution).
Updated: 20 December 2012