FAQs for Staff
Is there an online manual?
- Yes there is, you can access this here.
What's new in V9 version?
- Download and read this document for quick list of new features here.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Select the Contact Us tab on the left bar of this site.
Is the current site template changing?
- A new template will be rolled out over a one year period. The first sites will be first year classes only.
Why is the template changing?
The look and feel of SCU's Blackboard learning site has been in place for some years resulting in a diversity of ways for students to navigate to core resources and functions. With the upgrade to BB9 and the growing number of new technologies available since the site was first designed it is timely for us to rethink its structure. The BB upgrade team with the help of 12 SCU academic staff have redesigned the look and feel of the site using the principles that:
- * Navigation will be clear and streamlined for students
- Access to key resources/activities is consistent for students across schools/courses
- Academic staff have the flexibility required to design learning experiences that are fit for purpose, and easy to use.
- We have now incorporated a number of components that ensure that SCU's learning environment meets recognised online learning standards.
Do I have to use all the headings in the LH menu of the new template?
- The Start Here screen will act as the home page for a unit. All students will be able to clearly access from here the announcements, unit overview, teaching staff information, and how to get support. The left hand menu has four top level headings: Learning resources, Collaboration, Assessment, and Help and Feedback. These will be the same for all units. The inclusion of the subheadings under these will depend on the design of the unit and will be chosen by the Unit Assessor. See the narrated video tour of the new template to see the possibilities.
Will my current browser still work after the upgrade??
- Yes, you're current browser will still work
Updated: 01 August 2012