News and events
- Tag meetings every Tuesday at Gold Coast campus
- Successful T-Qual partner Grant Application (grant reference number: T12-QLD-036)
- The latest volume of our established Journal of Economic and Social Policy
- SCBS's Research Week for 2012 will be held from 29 October to 2 November. Download the 2011 Research Week Communique
The Southern Cross Business School has an active research program that spans many contemporary issues for business and industry across regional Australia.
With a focus on policy and planning, our research analyses regional economic development, corporate governance, human resources, leadership, entrepreneurs, organisational change, and customer research.
The School places a high value on honours and postgraduate research, supporting students who are focused on developing their research career. Our postgraduate students are engaged in Master of Business (by Thesis), Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) research programs that support the School's research agenda. Our research candidates are engaged in a range of application areas including IT, health, sustainability, services design, regional policies and transport.
The School's research is supported through many avenues and research entities. Within the School there are four research nodes that focus on enterprise development issues:
- Entrepreneurship / Enterprise Development
- Information Technology and Information Systems
- Human Resources and Workforce
In addition there are a number of overarching themes that cross these research nodes:
- Policy and society
- SME / Corporate governance
- Research collaborations.
Across the Southern Cross Business School there are a number of established research collaborations:
- The Cooperative Research Centre for Rail Innovation covers a wide range of current mass transport issues such as smart electronic ticketing, urban rail improvement, transport policy, infrastructure investment and human resource issues affecting the rail industry
- Cooperative Research Network: This collaborative activity with the University of Queensland promotes the development of joint research initiatives, co-supervision of PhD candidates, the appointment and mentoring of postdoctoral research fellows, and joint publications.
- The GoBroadband Alliance focuses on the business impact for regional Australia of the roll-out of the National Broadband Network (NBN).
Updated: 27 November 2012