We have many homestay families living in Lismore, Tweed Gold Coast and Coffs Harbour and the surrounding areas that are happy to take in students to their homes. This is an ideal way of supporting your language learning and also learning more about Australian culture. You can see how Australian families live, what they eat, what they do in their leisure time, what Australian houses are like, how Australian children live, and have complete English language immersion.
Many homestay families like to integrate students as much as possible into their normal daily lives. This might involve things such as:
- going to the beach on weekends
- watching family videos together
- going fishing or shopping
- going on holidays with the family
- weekend trips to surrounding tourist attractions
- Lismore $210 per week plus a non-refundable application fee of $210.
- Coffs Harbour $210 per week, plus a non-refundable application fee of $210.
- Tweed Gold Coast $225 per week (shared room - 2 meals/day) or $255 per week (private room - 2 meals/day effective 4/2/2013), plus a non-refundable application fee of $240.
This pays for:
- three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner at Coffs Harbour and Lismore only)
- your own bedroom
- transport to and from the University, and
- three meals per day on weekends
You will need to pay for your own telephone/internet use.
Gold Coast Homestay
Students - Gold Coast Homestay Application Form
Agents - Gold Coast Homestay Application Form
Lismore and Coffs Harbour Homestay
Updated: 22 March 2013