The Lismore campus is a 'Restricted Parking Area' (RPA) subject to the Roads Act 1993, the Road Transport (General) Act 1999, Road Transport (Safety and Traffic Management) (Road Rules) Regulation 1999 and the Southern Cross University Act 1993.
Parking rules are available for viewing at the Gatehouse and Vice Chancellor's Reception areas. Your attention is drawn to the following:
(1) You must park wholly within marked bays.
(2) The following offences may result in an infringement notice being issued:
- Parking elsewhere other than a marked space:
- Parking on lawns or gardens
- Parking in a disabled reserved space without authority
- Parking on footpaths
- Parking in any marked reserved space without authority
- Parking in Bus/Taxi bay
- Failing to display authorizing sticker
- Parking in no parking area
- Visitor exceeding visitor space time limit
- Causing an obstruction
- Staff vehicle parked in visitor defined space
- Parking in loading zones
- Parking on any roadway without authority
- Motorcycle parking space (unless motorcycle)
- Student exceeding permitted drop off time
(3) There may be occasion for various reasons when you will be requested not to enter Campus or to relocate your vehicle.
Contravention of the University Traffic & Parking Rules may result in you receiving an infingement notice that carries a fine in excess of $99.00, payable to the NSW Infringement Bureau.
If you require assistance please do not hesitate to contact Security on 02 6620 3628.
In the interests of your safety, Security will provide an after hours escort to your vehicle if required.
Gold Coast Campus
Parking for the Southern Cross University Gold Coast campus is currently provided in three locations.
The first two parking locations are adjacent to the campus, which is located off Southern Cross Drive, Bilinga. Directly in front of the Building A there are 113 parking spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eight spaces are marked for disabled parking. Ten of these car parking spaces are reserved for SCU Health Clinic patients. They are marked with a sign and are on the line of parking closest to the building.
An additional 400 car parking spaces have been allocated within the Gold Coast Airport uncovered long-term car park, which is located about 150 metres north of the campus. Spaces in this car park are via swipe card access. Students who are studying full-time are provided cards, based on a ballot. Cards are also provided to staff who work on a full-time basis.
The swipe cards are allocated from the Shared Services Hub, located on the ground floor of the Building A.
The third parking option is at Border Park, which has 200 spaces available. Mini buses run on a continual basis from 8am to 5pm, between this site and the Gold Coast campus. Security is also provided on site.
Currently all parking options are provided free of charge. The University is investigating options for parking for 2014.
Paid parking for $15 per day is available within the Gold Coast Airport long-term car park, which is located about 150 metres north of the campus.
For information on parking arrangements please contact the Gold Coast campus student services hub on 07 5589 3001 or email email@example.com.
As part of the University's commitment to sustainability, students and staff are also encouraged to carpool and to access public transport.
Coffs Harbour Education Campus
More information to come
See CHEC Parking Policy and CHEC Campus Map which can be found in 'forms and documents'
Updated: 16 May 2013