PhD Topic: Geochemical controls on arsenic mobilization, speciation and distribution in alluvial aquifer deposits of Nawalparasi district, Nepal.
Supervisors: Assoc. Prof Scott Johnston, Assoc. Prof Ed Burton & Assoc. Prof Suresh Das Shrestha
MSc, Environmental Sciences, 2010 (Wageningen University)
- Aquifer aqueous and sediment geochemistry
- Aquifer mineralogical characterization
- Sorption behavior of Arsenic in aquifer sediments
- Reductive mobilization of Arsenic from aquifer sediments
Awards & Honours
- 2013: Australian Postgraduate Award/International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (APA/IPRS) awarded by the Australian Government for Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science and Management.
- 2012: The Southern Cross University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (SCUPRS) awarded by Southern Cross University for Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science and Management.
- 2008: The Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NUFFIC) awarded by the Dutch Government.
- 2008: Junior Research Assistantship awarded by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST.
- 2005: Excellent Student Award awarded by Padma Kanya Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University.
- 2005: Gold Medal and Certificate awarded by Padma Kanya Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University.
- 2007: Chetaki Rajya Laxmi Devi Karki Memorial Science and Technology for Master Thesis
Henrique A., Diwakar J., Houtman J., van den Berg J.H.J., Murk A. (in press) Novel echinoid metamorphosis assay detects thyroid hormone disrupting effects of POPs. Environmental Toxicology. Accepted Manuscript. (2012 ERAID 5830 – FOR 03)
Diwakar J., Thakur J.K. (2012) Environmental System Analysis for River Pollution Control. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution Volume 223 (6). 3207-3218. (2012 ERAID N/A)
Diwakar J., Bajracharya S., Yadav U.R.(2009). Ecological study of Ghodaghodi Lake. Banko Jankari, A Journal for forestry information of Nepal. Special issue. pp- 18-23.
Diwakar J., Yami K.D., Prasai T.(2008). Assessment of Drinking Water Quality of Bhaktapur Municipality Area in Pre-Monsoon Season. Scientific World, vol. 6. number 6. pp-10-14.
Diwakar J., Prasai T., Pant S., Jayana B.L.(2008). Study on the major pesticides and fertilizers used in Nepal. Scientific World, vol. 6. number 6. pp-76-80.
Anselmo H.M.R., Koerting L., Devito S., Diwakar J., Houtman J., Murk A.J.(2012). Echinoderm early life development bioassays detect effect s of Marine POPs. SETAC Europe 22nd Annual Meeting/ 6th SETAC World Congress, 20-24th May 2012, Berlin, Germany.
Diwakar J., Thakur J.K. (2011). Groundwater Monitoring Scenario: Methods for Improving Groundwater Monitoring Strategies, ARSOlux Workshop, A Practical Water Test for Detecting Arsenic in Drinking Water, 3rd of November 2011, German House, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Anselmo H.M.R., Diwakar J., Houtman J., Murk A.J. (2011). Effects of Marine POPs on the Early Life Development and Metamorphosis of Echinoderms. Dioxin Conference 2011; Brussels, Belgium. 11-12th August, 2011.
Diwakar J., Poudyal A.K., Silwal R.C., Koirala P. (2011). Women Empowerment through Sustainable Agriculture Promotion and Group Based Activities. Conference on Ecocommunication and Awareness for better Environment: Linking College and University Graduates (ECOLINK), Ecological Association of Nepal (ECOAN) and Environment Concerned Group of Padma Kanya (ECGP), Baghbazar, Kathmandu, Nepal. 23rd June, 2011.
Thakur J.K., Singh S.K., Diwakar J. (2011) Estimation of actual evapotranspiration (ETa) using Surface Energy Balance (SEBS) and remote sensing approach for Water Resources Management of Wetlands in Semi Arid region. International conference on water resources management and treatment technology; Nagpur, India. 19 – 22nd January, 2011.
Diwakar J., Pant S., Prasai T. (2008) Ecological Study of Phewa Lake, Pokhara, Nepal. The Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology, 10-12th November 2008, NAST, Khumaltar, Lalitpur, Nepal.
Diwakar J., Yami K. D., Prasai T. (2008) Use of Sodis Technique for the Potability of water samples from Bhaktapur Municipality Area. The Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology, 10-12th November, 2008, NAST, Khumaltar, Lalitpur, Nepal.
Updated: 16 April 2013