Anthropometrist (Skin fold Specialist)
Fiona Carroll has an international ISAK (International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry) qualification in the accurate measurement of body composition.
Anthropometry is a non-invasive method used to determine an individual's body composition via skin fold and girth measurements.
This information can be used to:
- Determine percent body fat
- Indicate somatotype (shape and composition of body)
- Monitor changes in an individual's body composition
- Provide an indication of progression through a training program
- Determine whether increases or decreases in body mass are related to fat mass or muscle mass.
Updated: 06 September 2012