Passwords are important in ensuring the safety of information. Passwords are more effective if they are 'strong'. The following are best practice guidelines for managing your password:
- Change your password regularly, normally every 60-90 days is recommended.
- Use a "difficult to guess but easy to remember" password.
- Include at least one upper case alpha and 1 numeric character in your password, and use a password length of at least 8 characters.
- If you need to write your password down make sure it is kept in a safe place.
- Don't share or disclose your password with other system users.
To change your SCU password, follow the steps in the link: Change your SCU Password.
Further password management tips can be found at Microsoft website: Microsoft Safety and Security Centre.
Updated: 05 December 2012