Printing at Coffs Harbour Computer labs
Pay for Printing and Photocopying
What is the Print Cost Recovery System?
The Print Cost Recovery System has been implemented to recover the escalating cost, and ease the environmental impact of uncontrolled and wasteful printing in the CHEC Computer Labs. This is achieved by the user paying for printing and photocopying.
The method of printing in the CHEC Computer Labs is as follows;
- Add credit to your student ID/print card at the AddCredit Red Kiosk (in the Library) OR the EFTPOS Yellow Kiosk (in the Student Learning Centre).
- From your lab computer you will need to check that your document looks how you want via Print Preview (missing pages or information) and also ensure the printer settings are correctly set (which printer, double sided, number of copies etc)
- Print the document by selecting Print from the File Menu
- Walk up to the print release terminal at the printer with your student ID card/print card
- Follow the step by step instructions of how to do this. These instructions are available at all printer locations.
Paying for photocopying will involve adding credit to your student ID/print card with the AddCredit Red Kiosk (in the Library) OR the EFTPOS Yellow Kiosk (in the Student Learning Centre). Step by step instructions of how to do this are available at these locations.
Following prices are for printing/photocopying per page and have been approved by the executive of the Coffs Harbour Education Campus:
|A4 - Black / White||Single Sided||$0.10|
|A3 - Black / White||Single Sided||$0.20|
|A4 - Colour||Single Sided||$0.60|
|A3 - Colour||Single Sided||$1.20|
Duplexing (double-sided printing)- 10% overall discount
Cards for Printing/Photocopying
To print in the Computer Labs, Library and SLC or use the student photocopiers, everyone will require a valid ID card or a print card.
Southern Cross University - Internal Students
Your student ID card is required for your printing/photocopying.
Southern Cross University - External & Tweed/Lismore Students
Your student ID card is required for printing/photocopying. You need to have a card that was printed at the Coffs Harbour Campus (see above). Visit CHECiT Help Desk, Library Loans Desk or SLC to get added to the system.
The following apply each time you are on campus:
- Bring your ID/print card
- Bring money in small amounts (change)
- Always have enough value on your card in case the Library and Student Learning Centre are closed or the AddCredit Red Kiosk OR the EFTPOS Yellow Kiosk are out of order.
- Ensure your ID/Print card is kept secure at all times. Remember it's your cash!
Updated: 16 August 2012