Unit and Course Management System (UCMS)
The primary purpose of the Unit and Course Management System (UCMS) project is to implement a system which aims to:
- Provide a single source of course and unit information.
- Improve the preparation of course and unit approval documentation.
- Aid in the multi-stakeholder approval process.
- Increase the accuracy of information through version control.
- Provide reporting on and alignment of graduate attributes and assessments between units, courses and professional accreditation requirements.
- Integrate with the Student Management System (Student One) and Blackboard.
- Implement a web interface, accessible to staff, to manage the course and unit approval process including marketing information.
- Improve processes for publication of course and unit information and improve the design of the course and unit web pages.
- Provide the flow of information for the publication of content in various modes.
For more information about the project please go to the UCMS website
Blackboard Upgrade Project
With the Blackboard 9 upgrade now behind us, we are able to concentrate on taking advantage of many of the features the new release provides such as the new Content Management System and Community Engagement System. Over the coming months we will be conducting workshops and working with many SCU stakeholders to develop the new modules.
- Content Management System
- Community Engagement System
- Other LMS Activities
For more information about the project please go to the Blackboard Upgrade website
Email Cloud Project
Email and Calendaring @ SCU Project is a project that will deliver cloud based e-mail and other communication services as part of the Microsoft Office 365 offering. This will allow online, anywhere access to email, attachments, contacts, and calendars so you're always up-to-date.
- Larger message storage capacity
- Improved access from portable devices including iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Mobile and other devices
- Convenient web and desktop access
- More effective e-mail search and calendar functions
- Built-in anti-spam message filtering
- 99.9% Uptime
For more information about the project please go to the Email and Calendaring website
Updated: 13 September 2012