SCU Email and Calendaring
Office 365 Upgrade - June 2013
On June 7, Microsoft will be upgrading our Office 365 service, bringing us many new features, including:
- A new, modern interface.
- Lync, a messaging suite including voice and video.
- Full support for mobile browsers (including full calendar support).
- Offline email access in supported web browsers.
- Inline message composing, drag and drop attachments and merged calendar views.
Some notes about what to expect during the service upgrade:
- You shouldn't experience any email interruptions in Outlook or on mobile devices.
- If you happen to be checking your email with the Outlook Web App when your email account is updated, you may need to sign out and then sign back in.
- You won't need to change anything on your computer, in Outlook, or on any mobile device you use.
After the service upgrade, you'll notice some immediate changes. Learn about what's new in Outlook Web App.
The Southern Cross University Email and Calendaring service is available for all students and staff. You can access the email system by clicking the icon below.
For more information on how to login with your new email address and password to the new email service please use the navigation at the left of the page and visit FAQs.
SCU Staff members were migrated to MS Office 365 cloud Email and Calendaring services during 2012. All Email and Calendaring activities should now be accessed through the Office 365 Web App at email.scu.edu.au or via your Outlook client on your Windows or Apple Mac desktop/laptop.
Updated: 17 May 2013