Sharing your calendar
By default, other users can view the free/busy information in you calendar. This means they can only see blocks of time with no detail (this is useful when you are booking meetings with other users)
Detail in your calendar (like the meeting subject or description) can be viewed only by others to whom you have granted permissions.
To share your calendar with another user:
- On the Home tab, in the Share group, click Share Calendar. In the Sharing Invitation that appears, click on the To: button and search for the person who you want to share with in Global Address List. Important: Both of you must be completely migrated to the new email and calendaring system for sharing to work.
- Enter or select any other options that you want, just as if you were sending an email message. Of note is the option "Request permission to view recipient's Calendar".
The recipient then sees an email notification that you have shared your calendar, with a link that will open your calendar in Outlook on their computer.
- If you want to share a calendar that you created that is not your default Calendar, in the Navigation Pane, right-click the calendar name, and then click "Share - Calendar Name".
- If the other person whose Calendar you want to open has not granted you permission to view it, Outlook prompts you to ask the person for the permission that you need. It will automatically start the above process.
- After you access a shared Calendar for the first time, the Calendar is added to the Shared Calendars list in the Navigation Pane, where you can access it the next time that you want to view it.
Updated: 25 June 2012