Division 5 of the NSW Government Information (Public Access) Act ("GIPA Act") requires the University to maintain a publicly available register of government contracts that records information about certain contracts between the University and private sector bodies. This Register is required to be published on the University's website.
What is required in the SCU Contracts Register?
SCU's Contracts Register is required to contain details about contracts that:
- were entered into after 1 January 2007
- have, or are likely to have, a value of $150,000 or more
and in which a party agrees to:
- undertake a project such as construction, infrastructure or property development
- undertake the provision of specific goods or services such as information technology services
- transfer real property to another party in the contract
- lease real property
What is not required in the SCU Contracts Register?
Contracts of employment are not required to be reported.
The University does not have to publish in the Register, the following confidential information:
- the commercial-in-confidence provisions of a contract
- details of any unsuccessful tender
- any matter that could reasonably be expected to affect public safety or security
- any information where there is an overriding public interest against disclosure
If your work unit enters into a contract that meets the requirements for mandatory reporting you must complete the SCU Contracts Register Form and forward it to the SCU Legal Office. If you are unsure whether a contract is reportable or you require assistance in completeing this form, please contact the SCU Legal Office on (02) 6620 3465 or email email@example.com
How long will the information be kept in the SCU Contracts Register?
Information about the contracts must be included in the Register within 60 days of the contract becoming effective. The information (including a copy of the contract if required) must be included in the Register for either 30 days or until the obligations under the contract have been satisfied, whichever is the longer period.
Classes of contracts
The GIPA Act identifies three classes of contracts:
Class 1 Contracts have a value of $150,000 or more. Most contracts entered into by the University following the usual tendering process will be Class 1 Contracts.
Class 2 Contracts are Class 1 Contracts where the value is less than $5 million and one of the following applies:
- there has not been a public tender process and the terms and conditions of the contract have been directly negotiated with the contractor
- the contract was the subject of a tender but the terms and conditions have been substantially negotiated with the contractor
- the obligations of one or more parties under the contract to maintain or operate infrastructure or assets could continue for 10 years or more
- the contract involves a privately financed project (according to the Treasury's guidelines)
- the contract involves a transfer of a significant asset of SCU to another party in exchange for the transfer of an asset to SCU
Class 3 Contracts are Class 2 Contracts with a value of more than $5 million.
The detail required to be reported varies with each Class of contract. A copy of Class 3 contracts must be made available with the Register. For full details of the requirements refer to Division 5 of the GIPA Act.
SCU Contracts Register
|Commonwealth Bank of Australia||Lease of Oce VarioPrint 6200||Commonwealth Bank of Australia contract details||4631||8/8/2011|
|Lachlan Close Developments Pty Ltd||Lease of real property||Lachlan Close Developments Pty Ltd contract details||2853||11/08/2011|
|Origin Energy||Electricity supply||Origin Energy contract details||4598||23/08/2011|
|Lahey Constructions Pty Ltd||Extensions and refurbishments to CHEC||Lahey Constructions Pty Ltd contract details||4599||23/08/2011|
|Hutchinson Builders||Construction of Gold Coast Campus Building B||Hutchinson Builders contract details||4501||23/08/2011|
|Yellow Edge Pty Ltd||Blackboard collaborate software||Yellow Edge Pty Ltd contract details||5122||23/02/2012|
|Dimension Data||Local traffic management||Dimension Data contract details||4731||08/09/2011|
|Aarnet Pty Ltd||Fibre service||Aarnet Pty Ltd contract details||4732||08/09/2011|
|Blackboard Inc||Software licence||Blackboard Inc contract details||4733||08/09/2011|
|Elsevier||Subscription||Elsevier contract details||4773||05/10/2011|
|Ten-Four||Media services||Ten-Four contract details||5235||1/03/2012|
|Australian OpCo P/L||Travel services||Australian OpCo contract details Australian OpCo tender evaluation details||5271||4/4/2012|
|Microsoft P/L||Technical support||Microsoft Pty Ltd contract details||5455||15/5/2012|
|Summerland Credit Union Ltd||Financial transaction services||Summerland Credit Union Ltd contract details||5269||19/6/2012|
Updated: 27 February 2013