|Loans and renewals
Who may borrow
Enquiries can be made at the Loans Desk or by phoning 02 6659 3232.
Borrowing at Coffs Harbour
|Membership category||No. of items||Loan period||Renewals|
|Undergraduate, Alumni, PSP, Reciprocal||10||2 weeks||6|
|Associate borrower - annual fee $165||10||2 weeks||6|
|TAFE student||10||2 weeks||6|
|TAFE staff||20||4 weeks||6|
|Senior college student||10||2 weeks||6|
|Senior college staff||20||4 weeks||6|
|English Language Centre|
|ELC student||10||2 weeks||6|
|ELC Staff||20||4 weeks||6|
|Innovation Centre & other campus staff||20||4 weeks||6|
- Present your ID card when borrowing from the Library
- Return all items on or before the due date to avoid fines and penalties
- Renew your loans through My Library Record in the catalogue
- The Library remains open during holidays, so make sure that borrowed items are returned before the holidays or are renewed while you are away
- The Library sends email reminders about your loans before they are due, so ensure the Library has your current email address
- Keep your fines below $20 to retain your borrowing privileges and at the end of the year your fines will be waived
Renew items on or before their due date:
Renewals are not possible
- if the item is overdue
- if the item is reserved by another borrower
- if your borrowing rights have been suspended
- if the item has already been renewed six times
- All loans are returned through the chute outside the Library entrance. It is available 24 hours per day.
Overdue items and sanctions
- A fine accrues on overdue items at the rate of 50 cents per item per day after a 7 day fine-free period.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when fines reach $20.
- Fines of $19 or less will be waived at the end of each year.
How do I pay my fines
- Fines for overdue items are paid at the Loans Desk in the Library
If an item is always on loan when you need it, you can reserve it via the catalogue.
- Go to the catalogue and sign in
- Find the item you would like to request
- Click on 'Find'
- Click on "+" to see all copies at all campuses.
- Click on 'Request a loan' or 'Request a photocopy' under the request options
- Select a pickup location and click 'Request'
- You will be contacted when the item becomes available
All loans are returned through the chute outside the Library entrance. It is available 24 hours per day. Loans are not transferable.
Items available for short loan (2 hours) are located behind the Loans Desk. These are items that lecturers anticipate will be in high demand for the duration of the semester. To request short loan items, find the item's call number in the catalogue and bring it with you to the Loans Desk.
Updated: 13 May 2013