The Research and Commercial Services Unit (RCSU) of the Division of Research provides Southern Cross University (SCU) researchers with business and administrative support in negotiation of their research contracts leaving them free to concentrate on their research.
The RCSU navigates researchers through the process from project approval to fully signed agreement and establishment of project codes. We can offer assistance with:
- Intellectual property arrangements and assignments including Student Participation Deeds
- Publication rights,
- Scholarship agreements,
- Australian Research Council (ARC) and other Nationally Competitive Grant contracts,
- Collaborative Research Grant Scheme (CRGS) contracts,
- Clinical trial agreements,
- Confidentiality agreements,
- Research budget advice and review.
- Approval requirements for research projects,
The process for negotiating a research contract is outlined in the General Contracts Procedure below and includes several key steps including:
- Drafting of Agreement and Intent,
- SCU Legal and Insurance clearances,
- Sign off by the External Party,
- Sign off by SCU.
When to contact the RCSU
Researchers should contact the RCSU when they intend to:
- Conduct a research project that involves partners/individual external to the University,
- Employ an independent non SCU contractor,
- Employ a postgraduate student to work on a project funded by an external party.
For more information, contact the Research & Commercial Services Unit (Research Agreements)
Updated: 13 May 2013