Students graduating from the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management at Southern Cross University should demonstrate the following attributes:
- A commitment to excellence in all scholarly and intellectual activities.
- A substantial knowledge of tourism and hospitality industries within both local and international contexts.
- An awareness of the cultural, environmental and economic impacts of tourism and hospitality management.
- A deep understanding of those skills relevant to working and managing in tourism and / or hospitality.
- The ability to communicate effectively, and be self-aware and empathetic.
- Be culturally tolerant and demonstrate appropriate intercultural competence.
- Have an understanding of ethical standards and professionalism.
- Be lifelong independent learners, reflective in practice, and information literate.
- Be creative, strategic and critical thinkers with highly developed problem solving skills.
- Have an understanding of team dynamics and the ability to be effective team members.
- Exhibit a positive work attitude and work ethic in order to achieve successful outcomes.
Updated: 03 September 2012