Le Cordon Bleu Master of Gastronomic Tourism
"The Le Cordon Bleu Master of Gastronomic Tourism gives me an opportunity to distil my life experiences in the executive wellness arena into a recognised postgraduate qualification." Samantha Gowing, therapeutic chef at Cabarita Ocean Retreat, founder of Gowings Food Health Wealth and current student.
Southern Cross University, in collaboration with world-famous culinary arts and hospitality school Le Cordon Bleu, are now offering an exciting new online postgraduate degree for 'foodies,' the Master of Gastronomic Tourism (MGT).
The only postgraduate degree of its kind available in Australia, the MGT is designed for those with a passion for gastronomy and tourism, for industry professionals, or those seeking related careers in hospitality, writing or media. Delivered by distance education (entirely online), students with internet access, a computer and a passion for gastronomy are able to study the course from anywhere in the world, networking with like-minded people.
They study topics ranging from sustainability and food security to contemporary trends in cuisine and culinary arts; from food writing for media to the history of gastronomy and the restaurant; and from small business management to entrepreneurship and the application of ethical business practices in tourism operations. Graduates will work in hospitality, writing, media and tourism.
- A unique graduate program in applied gastronomy
- Delivered fully online for great flexibility and convenience – study the full Masters or single units of interest from anywhere in the world
- International focus – study with others who share your desire for knowledge in this exciting field using a variety of case studies and content drawn from tourism cultures around the world
- Diverse range of food, wine and tourism-related career pathways
- An enthusiastic and informed group of academic staff who apply a range of perspectives that enhance understanding
Updated: 21 November 2012