Schools and Degrees Terminology
Upper case for Schools:
- Gnibi College of Indigenous Australian Peoples
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Environment, Science and Engineering
- School of Health and Human Sciences
- School of Law and Justice
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Southern Cross Business School
NB: Gnibi College of Indigenous Australian Peoples: Gnibi is the Bundjalung word for black swan. It is also the name the Bundjalung people gave to the star system, or constellation, that early European explorers called the Southern Cross. Gnibi is the preferred abbreviation for subsequent use.
Use the word degree in preference to program. The term course is also acceptable. e.g. Southern Cross University offers a range of degrees by distance education.
Upper case for name of courses e.g. Bachelor of Information Technology.
Upper case for the name of units
Lower case for discipline or subject areas e.g. maths, science, history, politics. This also applies to high school subjects.
Upper case for Bachelor degree
Upper case for Masters degree; use Masters, not Master e.g. Southern Cross University offers degrees at Masters level.
Updated: 26 April 2013