The use of capitals should be kept to a minimum – obvious exceptions are at the start of a sentence and for proper nouns such as names and places.
- Institutional names should be capitalised when referring to specific centres e.g. Southern Cross GeoScience, Centre for Children and Young People
- Occupation titles should NOT be capitalised, unless at the start of a sentence, e.g. accountant, engineer
- Head, lower case as in: Professor Aaaaa Bbbbb, head of the School of Law and Justice
- Don't capitalise names of high school subjects
- Federal government and state government are lower case.
Updated: 26 April 2013