Your Pathways to University
Pathways to University
Your current circumstances, personal and career goals and other factors such as your past academic performance, course entry requirements and any amount of advanced standing (credit) you might be entitled to receive will influence the course or series of courses you choose - your university pathway.
These factors vary from person to person but, no matter what your circumstances, we can help you examine a range of satisfying entry and/or advanced standing pathways to University, allowing you to select the most rewarding option for you:
Secondary pathways to SCU
- If you want to gain a taste of university life and are an exceptional year 11 or 12 student , SCU Head Start allows you to study university subjects at Secondary School, free from university fees. Once high school is complete, you have the opportunity to gain direct entry and advanced standing into a variety of Southern Cross University Degrees.
- If you're a Year 12 student living in our feeder region you might gain direct entry to a variety of SCU degrees on the basis of your school Principal's recommendation and the University's STAR Entry Scheme.
Australian (domestic) pathways to SCU
- If you're not able to meet the entry requirements for your preferred SCU Degree, or if you are returning to study after some time, consider Preparing for Success, a free and intensive 12 week program that will boost your confidence and equip you with study skills appropriate for university.
- If an offer to study your preferred SCU Degree disappoints, or you wish to take a step-by-step approach, consider studying an Associate Degree in Allied Health, Arts, Business or Science in the academically supportive environment of the SCU College. On completion of an Associate Degree, articulate into the second or third year of a related SCU Degree, with maximum advanced standing (credit).
- If you've boosted your University Entrance Rank and employability by gaining a nationally recognised qualification with TAFE, a private Registered Training Organisation or a Higher Education Provider such as the SCU College, you may use this qualification, to articulate into the first or second year of a related SCU Degree, with maximum advanced standing (credit) - SCU Articulation Pathways.
- If you're an Indigenous Australian looking for a pathway to University, you may wish to contact Indigenous Australian Student Services (IASS) to discuss SCU's alternative entry program for Indigenous Australians, called the Testing and Assessment Program.
- If you represent a sport at a state, national or international level, the SCU Elite Athlete Program offers a bonus point scheme to assist in gaining entry into your chosen Degree.
International pathways to SCU
- If English is not your first language, perhaps you'll prepare for your SCU Degree in Australia by mastering the English language with one of the SCU English Language Centres.
- If you've studied overseas with an institute that has established formal International Articulation Pathways with SCU, you will receive automatic credits for your prior related studies, saving you tuition fees and reducing the duration of SCU study. Use the Advanced Standing Search to confirm the amount of advanded standing (credit) you will receive.
- If you are an international student wanting to study multiple courses, for instance with SCU and one of our Educational Business Partners, once you receive SCU's Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) into a Bachelor, Masters or Doctoral degree, regardless of your country of origin, your visa application will be streamlined - you will be treated as a low migration risk, similar to the current Assessment Level 1. On successful completion of the Educational Business Partner's course you will articulate into the first or second year of your SCU undergraduate degree, with maximum advanced standing.
- If your're living in the Asia Pacific region the University has a variety of collaborative educational arrangements in place to facilitate the study of SCU undergraduate or postgraduate Degrees in Business, Information Technology, Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management with reputable international institutions in a number of overseas locations.
- If you are living and studying overseas at an SCU Exchange Partner Institute, why not include an Australian Study Abroad and Exchange as a way of meeting new friends and experiencing our relaxed culture while earning credits for SCU study towards the completion of your degree. While your here, enjoy an Australian Underwater Adventure or take a trip to Central Australia or Fraser Island
- If you have completed your first year at SCU, for no extra tuition fees, while remaining eligible to receive Centrelink benefits, additional funding and a low interest loan, you have a wonderful opportunity to travel and broaden your experience as an SCU International Exchange student earning credit points for overseas study towards the completion of your SCU degree.
Updated: 18 February 2013