Review, Amendment or Cancelation of Articulation Pathways
Articulation pathway arrangements will be monitored, periodically reviewed and evaluated according to:
- industry relevance
- mutually sustainability
- continued alignment with the University's operational, fiscal and strategic objectives;
- qualitative benchmarks and legislative requirements;
- stakeholder feedback; and
- the mobility and academic success of students studying through the pathways.
Review and Amendment of Articulation Pathway Arrangements
The review and amendment of articulation agreements and their arrangements may be triggered by (but is not limited to):
- development of a new SCU course for inclusion;
- any SCU major or minor Course Change Submission which impacts on current articulation arrangements;
- withdrawal of an existing SCU program which forms part of current articulation arrangements;
- reasonable request for amendment from an education institute or qualification framework party to articulation arrangements;
- notification from an education institute or qualification framework party to articulation arrangements of a new qualification/course for inclusion;
- notification from an education institute or qualification framework party to articulation arrangements of a qualification/course change which impacts on current articulation arrangements;
- review of a relevant National Training Package at training.gov.au (TGA), the database on Vocational Education and Training in Australia (or similar prescriptive curriculum standards);
- a recommendation from SCU School/College Board(s), Accreditation Committee or Academic Board;
- review process which are system driven. For example, articulation expiry alert; and
- any legislative requirement.
Requests for review and amendment may be directed to the Coordinator, Schools Articulation Support:
t: +61 2 6626 9591 OR 1800 626 481 (free call within Australia)
Where review is required, the Coordinator, Schools Articulation Support informs all relevant parties and requests provision of updated curriculum/academic evidence.
Amendment to pathway arrangements, including entry and/or advanced standing, is considered by the Course Coordinator(s) or Discipline Head(s), in consultation with the Head(s) of School/College. Consultation may also occur as appropriate, with the content specialist(s) of the relevant education institute or qualification framework.
Extension, Cancellation or Expiration of Articulation Pathway Arrangements
The 'Terms of the Articulation Agreement' note the duration of the agreement and identify the circumstances whereby an agreement may be cancelled, extended or renewed.
In advance of the expiration date, the Coordinator, Schools Articulation Support informs all relevant parties of impending expiration, inviting comment on the preferred course of action - cancellation, extension or renewal.
There is no requirement for re-approval when extending an agreement, unless the terms or articulation pathway arrangements require amendment (renewal). However, both parties must agree to the extension in writing.
When renewing, approval processes must occur and a new agreement is produced and signed by both parties. Completion and submission of the relevant 'Articulation Renewal Request' form is necessary in order for the University to consider the continuance of feasibility and quality requirements and inclusion of new terms or articulation pathway arrangements.
Australian (non-TAFE) Articulation Renewal Request form
Australian Articulation Renewal Request
International Articulation Renewal Request form
International Articulation Renewal Request
Other queries may be directed to the Coordinator, Schools Articulation Support:
t: +61 2 6626 9591 OR (free call within Australia)
Updated: 24 January 2013