Strategic Plan: Goal 1
Goal 1: We will provide inspirational learning experiences for our students through high quality teaching engaged with scholarship.
Provide engaging and distinctive learning experiences to our diverse student body
- Implement globally relevant and inclusive teaching strategies that value students' diverse ways of knowing and learning.
- Provide education experiences that equip students for their roles in work and the community.
- Enhance physical and virtual learning spaces to meet the needs of contemporary teaching and learning.
- Deliver all courses using converged learning practices that are pedagogically sound and able to accommodate modern lifestyles.
- Enhance and enrich student transition to and engagement with university learning and studying.
Deliver contemporary learning centred curricula that promote career and life opportunities for our graduates
- Implement a framework for course and unit curricula design that ensures a better practice approach reflective of SCU's vision, mission and values.
- Ensure that the minimum academic standard of all University courses meets or exceeds that required by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency in all aspects.
- Ensure curricula are informed by advice from relevant stakeholders and experts.
- Assure quality and currency of courses and units through systematic review and renewal processes that embed educational integrity and evidence-based practice.
Foster high quality teaching informed by scholarship across all University curricula
- Implement a Professional Learning Framework for teaching and learning for all academic staff.
- Encourage team teaching and peer review as an integral part of teaching and curricula design and delivery.
- Guarantee the quality of core learning experiences through agreed University standards.
- Focus support services to enhance student learning and effective teaching.
Updated: 20 March 2012