Strategic Plan: Goal 3
Goal 3: We will develop a high performance culture in an environment which encourages collaboration and the free exchange of ideas
Attract, develop and retain a workforce with the capacity to achieve our strategic goals
- Create and implement recruitment, development and retention strategies to meet the priorities identified through the annual workforce planning process.
- Provide lifelong learning and professional development opportunities for academic and professional staff, irrespective of location.
- Grow leadership capacity by providing access to and encouraging participation in targeted programs.
- Develop a staff profile that reflects the diversity of the University's students and the general community, including its Indigenous communities.
Recognise and reward excellence in teaching, research and service
- Expand the SCU rewards program to further recognise excellence in teaching, research, engagement and service.
- Develop and implement a recognition process for excellence in research.
- Showcase excellence within the University and promote the achievements of staff, students and alumni to the broader community.
- Build the capacity of supervisors to recognise and reward excellence in performance, utilising formal and informal recognition strategies.
Engage with our geographic communities and communities of interest for mutual benefit
- Define and maintain a set of strategic partnerships with professions, industry and education providers.
- Foster positive relationships with government.
- Encourage and support participation by staff in activities associated with their professions.
- Strengthen and leverage links with industry through advisory boards and consultancy panels.
- Expand secondary school outreach and TAFE/VET pathways to improve articulation.
- Develop closer working relationships with colleagues in the TAFE/VET sector and optimise the transition of TAFE/VET students to the University.
- Grow industry and community-based philanthropy in support of the University's strategic priorities.
Foster an environment of collaboration, connectivity and informed enquiry, across and beyond the University
- Encourage the free exchange of ideas and the University's role as a catalyst for innovation and new thinking.
- Support individuals, schools and research centres to achieve connectivity with internal and external collaborators.
- Develop a rich program of engagement with our alumni.
Improve our performance as a learning organisation, committed to quality assurance
- Refine and embed the annual operational unit planning process as the means of aligning strategic planning and budget.
- Align staff performance planning, management, development and review with strategic and operational goals.
- Successfully manage significant change, through appropriate strategies and communication.
- Ensure major strategic projects achieve stated outcomes, are implemented to agreed timelines and undergo post implementation review.
- Share learning across the University, promoting excellence in practice.
- Ensure analysis and planning is evidence-based.
Updated: 20 March 2012