Strategic Plan: Goal 4
Goal 4: We will enhance our performance in a sustainable and responsible manner
Increase student load while maintaining course quality, student engagement and sustainability
- Actively pursue sustainable growth.
- Embed a commitment to the triple-bottom line to enhance the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the University.
- Deliver high quality and relevant courses in demand by students and the professions.
- Minimise the duplication of unit offerings across the University.
- Develop a coordinated and cohesive institutional approach to addressing student retention.
- Enhance social inclusion practices to support the University's diverse student profile.
Strengthen the planning and management of the University's resources and infrastructure in supporting the core activities of teaching and research
- Improve productivity and efficiency in relation to financial activities.
- Ensure more effective and transparent utilisation of land and infrastructure.
- Integrate sustainable development practices in the planning and construction of new buildings and major refurbishments.
- Investigate and analyse financial options for major new investments.
- Diversify income generation activities.
Optimise a positive student experience
- Ensure equitable access for students to meaningful support services, IT and infrastructure regardless of location and mode of delivery.
- Provide appropriate mechanisms for student feedback and input on matters affecting them.
- Embed a student careers strategy in University practice and learning.
- Foster a responsive and personalised service culture across the University.
Strengthen the commitment to environmental sustainability principles across University functions
- Integrate environmental sustainability into plans, process and reviews.
- Enhance energy efficiency usage and supply from renewable sources.
- Encourage more sustainable transport use, including improved fuel efficiency of the University vehicle fleet.
- Ensure the natural habitat across the University campuses is maintained and improved.
Updated: 20 March 2012