Grades Process Redesign
As we continue prepare for the transition to the SCU Model in 2022, we have started a project to deliver a solution for the grades process that allows for final grades to be approved, released and published within the key dates of the 2022 term academic calendar.
The Grades project aims to make grading and grade release more efficient and less time consuming for academic staff, eliminating non-value add activities. It is expected to provide visibility of grade quality issues sooner, and to improve the ability to release grades to students on time in the Southern Cross Model, ultimately enabling them to progress their studies.
The project includes examination of the end to end grades journey, starting with creating assessments in Blackboard, monitoring marking and grading, grade approval and governance, through to late grades and grades variations. By simplifying and streamlining the processes and enabling technology, we expect to reduce the time taken to submit, approve and release final grades from 22 days in the current session model to 8 days in the 2022 term model.
Key benefits include:
- Replacing the manual download/upload final grade process with an automated solution in Blackboard
- Management and monitoring of grade progress and quality, through the use of reporting dashboards
- A consistent process for entering, submitting and approving grades, including late grades and grade variations
- Grade approvals managed using automated system workflows
- Final grades transferred to Student System on grade approval in Blackboard
The Grades solution will be ready for Term 1, 2022 and introduces a standard and reliable process for the timely submission of grades and is a key enabler for our transition to the Southern Cross Model.
We will continue to share updates on our progress over the coming months and there will be opportunity for you to engage with and provide feedback as we continue to develop the solution.