Late Enrolment Process and Policy
Students regularly request late enrolment for a variety of reasons. The process can take 2-3 business days before a student commences studying.
The revised policy and process for late enrolment is designed to make the application, approval and processing of requests simpler and more efficient.
This page provides information for academic staff on the new process and policy changes.
The following changes have been made to the late enrolment process:
- Students must have a GPA of 4 or higher
- Approval of late enrolment will be considered only under exceptional circumstances
- The late enrolment approval process will now be administratively centralised in Student Administration Services, effective from the commencement of the 2022 calendar
- Course Coordinators will therefore no longer need to approve late enrolment requests
Students can find out about how to Enrol here.
Last day to Enrol
The last day to enrol has been brought forward to support students to succeed. The 2022 Academic Calendars now include the last day students are able to self-enrol via MyEnrolment.
- In Terms, the last day to self-enrol is Wednesdays, Week 1.
- In Sessions, the last day to self-enrol is Mondays, Week 2.
Late enrolment dates and the approval process have been adjusted to support the implementation of the new Southern Cross Model.
Once the last day to self-enrol has passed, students must request late enrolment, via a Unit Approval Request eForm. This date has been brought forward from census date to the following:
- In Terms, the last day to late enrol is Fridays, Week 1.
- In Sessions, the last day to late enrol is Fridays, Week 2.
Rules Relating to Awards – Rule 2 – Coursework Awards – General Provisions.
A notification system alerting Unit Assessors of late enrolment approvals is being explored for future phases.