Overview of the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)
The Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) focuses on supporting the academic enterprise of the University, and in conjunction with Academic Board, has oversight of the academic portfolio and quality of academic delivery and has University-wide responsibility for teaching and learning renewal.
Reporting into the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) portfolio are:
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Business and Tourism
- School of Education
- School of Environment, Science and Engineering
- School of Health and Human Sciences
- School of Law and Justice
- SCU College
- Gnibi College of Indigenous Australian Peoples
- Office of Planning Quality and Review
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Careers and Employability Unit
Professor Tyrone Carlin, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
Prior to joining Southern Cross University, he held a variety of leadership positions in other Australian Universities, including as Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Registrar) and Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education Operations) of the University of Sydney, Co-Dean of the University of Sydney Business School, Dean of Law at Macquarie University and Director of Academic Programs at Macquarie Graduate School of Management.
He has published extensively across the fields of law, financial reporting and public financial management, is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law and the recipient of the Law Graduates Association Medal in Law from the University of Sydney.
News item 6 September 2018: Southern Cross University appoints a new Academic lead.