Southern Cross University encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for vacancies at the University. We are committed to:
- Creating quality work and development opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Ensuring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives are understood and valued at Southern Cross University; and
- Educating our employees to be culturally competent in this understanding.
Our University is in the heart of the Bundjalung and Gumbaynggirr nations. We value the support and involvement of our local Aboriginal community. With the assistance of members of the Bundjalung Elder's Council, SCU developed its first Indigenous Employment Strategy in 1995. Through our long term commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment we have been able to make significant progress in this area.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy aims to build on the positive work we have achieved to date and focuses on:
- Providing a culturally safe University, which values and respects Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture;
- Increasing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed at the University; and
- Development opportunities and other initiatives that allow Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff the opportunity to have a successful career at the University.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people interested in applying for a position at Southern Cross University are encouraged to contact HR Services on 02 6620 3667 for assistance and further information.
SCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Applications from equity target groups are encouraged.