Casual employment registers
In addition to working in a values-based organisation and environment, casual employment at Southern Cross University offers flexibility, diverse experiences and variety across our campuses. Opportunities cover ad hoc and/or temporary vacancies for purposes such as:
- Assisting with temporary high workloads;
- Meeting session teaching requirements;
- Temporarily filling positions during organisational change;
- Providing short-term workforce flexibility;
- Covering staff absences;
- Securing specific expertise in the short term; and
- Providing training opportunities for students.
Registering for casual employment
Register for casual employment with the University by using the links below to our online casual registers. When completing your application, you will be required to attach a CV which includes the following information:
- Your full name and contact details;
- Details of your academic qualifications including institution and year received;
- Details of your employment history; and
- Names and contact details of at least 2 referees.
Your details will be retained for:
- Casual academic employment register: two years.
- Casual professional employment register: six months.
You will be able to access your application and update your details at any time by using your username and password. Details of how to access the system will be emailed to you as part of the confirmation that your application has been received.
It is important to note
- Inclusion on either register does not guarantee employment. The registers provide us with your details so that we can contact you if a suitable casual vacancy arises. The registers are only used for temporary appointments.
- Some positions have mandatory requirements such as a working with children clearance (or state or territory equivalent) or vaccination requirements. You will be advised at interview if the role has mandatory requirements.
- If a suitable vacancy occurs, a University officer will be in touch with you to discuss the matter further.
- If you wish to apply for any positions advertised on the Vacancies page, you will need to submit a separate application specifically addressing the criteria for the position.
- International applicants residing in Australia who wish to be considered for temporary employment must be eligible to work in Australia.
Links to the casual registers:
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent; and equity target groups including women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTIQ.