Strategic Plan 2016 - 2020
Southern Cross University will be recognised for enriching our communities through the excellence of our scholarship and the achievements of our graduates.
We equip our students to live a life they value and to be effective global citizens. We do this by creating inspirational and engaged learning experiences.
We create and apply knowledge in partnership with our communities in fields that are regionally relevant and globally significant.
We demonstrate collegiality through:
Openness and Respect
- Being open with each other and open in our thinking
- Saying what we believe and doing it in a constructive and respectful manner
- Engaging with diverse cultural and Indigenous perspectives in both global and local settings.
Collaboration and Trust
- Working as a team, drawing on combined strengths to meet our shared goals
- Trusting our colleagues to challenge us in a positive manner, and supporting each other
- Engaging with our local and global communities and partners for mutual benefit.
We demonstrate integrity through:
Honesty and Ethical Behaviour
- Being truthful in all our dealings
- Acting consistently with what is said and the principles held
- Pursuing practices that develop the social, economic, cultural and environmental sustainability of our University, and local and global communities
- Advancing human rights and our commitment to providing
- opportunities for students and staff in an inclusive, culturally safe environment.
Drive and Accountability
- Striving to ensure the University's ongoing success
- Having the drive and commitment to innovate based on rigorous analysis
- Being accountable for our individual and collective actions and for the performance of those we lead.
- Goal one: We will equip our students for diverse futures and global careers that enrich society.
- Goal two: We will strategically grow our research profile, building a sustainable culture of research excellence.
- Goal three: We will pursue targeted growth to ensure a sustainable future.
- Goal four: We will create distinctive opportunities for engaged learning and research, as a hallmark of the SCU experience.
- Goal five: We will transform our service delivery, building a culture among our professional and academic staff of providing the highest level of flexible support.