The Organising Committee is pleased to accept abstracts for AMSN Ballina 2021 “Looking back to move forward”. The conference has in-person and virtual options.
Abstracts will be accepted for presentations that are either:
- Pre-prepared video (download the Guide to preparing your pre-prepared video)
- Pre-prepared videos from virtual attendees will need to be submitted before 1 August 2021
- Virtual presenters will need to be available via VC options for questions at the completion of their virtual presentation
Formats for your in-person presentation or pre-prepared video include;
- Full paper: 12 minute presentation
- Flash Talk: 5 minute presentation
- Poster: 3-5 minute presentation with your poster in the poster session
Preparing your abstract
Abstracts should be prepared according to the guidelines below and downloadable template, AMSN 2021 abstract preparation guidelines).
Abstracts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 31 May, 2021.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- In the email subject field write:
‘abstract – [virtual / in-person] – YourName’ (e.g. “abstract – virtual – SonnyGreen”)
- Attach a word document (using the ) containing your abstract.
- The name of this file should be:
‘YourNameAttendancetypeAMSN2021.doc’ (e.g. ‘SonnyGreenVirtualAMSN2021.doc’).
- Include your preference for full talk, flash talk, or poster presentation in both the body of your email and on your abstract.
- Students should indicate whether they wish to be considered for the Best Student Presentation award in the body of the email and on the abstract.
The Organising Committee encourages applicants to submit abstracts of a high quality that comply with the preparation guidelines below. Any abstracts that do not conform to these guidelines will be returned for corrections.
Accepted abstracts will be announced on 21 June 2021.
Virtual presenters will need to submit their pre-prepare video by 1 August 2021.
- Length: The abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- Authors' names: Authors' names should be given as initials and a family name (e.g., “S. Green”). Author names should be followed by their respective departmental / university postal addresses.
- You may only include one figure in your abstract. Together the abstract and figure must not exceed one A4 page.
- Key Words: Three to 10 key words should be appended to the abstract (separated by a single line).
- Corresponding Author: The email of the main corresponding author should be placed below the keywords.
- References and citations are not permitted.
- File Format: Word Document (.docx) or earlier, OpenOffice.org (.odt).
Abstracts submitted, but not chosen for full paper oral presentations, will be further considered for suitability as flash talks or poster presentations.
Full paper oral (virtual or in-person) presentations will be 12 minutes length to enable 2 minutes of virtual or in-person questions. Flash oral presentations will be limited to 5 minutes. Posters should be A0 in size.