Putting material online

Copies made under educational licence

While all digital copies need to be registered, only the files to be made available online need be located in myReadings.

Lecturers register and submit files through myReadings. To ensure compliance with our educational licence this is the only place that material can be made available online. The University's copyright policy specifies that:

Individuals are responsible for;

ensuring that any copyrighted material used under the Statutory licence or any other licence is registered with the relevant Library copyright management system.

The administration of the items, including re-registrations, is undertaken by staff in the University Library.


  • Email all tables of content or bibliographies to myreadings@scu.edu.au.
  • The Library will create the reading lists in myReadings and notify you when the list is complete.
  • You may like to take control of creating your own lists. Contact the myReadings team to find out more.



All digital reproductions of copyright material made available to students must be registered with the Copyright Office.

The Copyright Act imposes university-wide limitations on the communication of certain categories of copyright material. Copies must also contain a warning notice and only be available to staff and students of the institution.

To ensure that the University is complying with the communication limitations and other conditions, items that are to be available online are located in, and accessed from, a centrally-administered database.

This location is myReadings.

The registration requirement applies to material reproduced in digital form from both hard copy and digital sources. It does not apply to hard copy output, but remember that reproduction limitations apply to copies in any format (for example, you cannot digitally reproduce one chapter and reproduce a different chapter from the same book in hard copy form).


Items not requiring registration

Digital reproductions in the following categories do NOT have to be registered:


Explicit approvals

Please notify myReadings staff of material for which you have explicit and separate approval from owners. Although the material does not come under statutory licensing rules, details are required for record keeping purposes.