Campus services and facilities
Updated 6 April, 2020
As we continue to transition to learning and working online, we are limiting access to some Lismore and Gold Coast campus buildings in order to minimise resource use.
Campus maps below show which buildings have limited access and those where access has not changed. We will continue to review our requirements and adjust building access accordingly.
In order to maintain safety, swipe access is needed for all campus buildings. Please ensure you carry your staff or student card with you at all times on campus. Our security team is available to escort you to your car or building should you require and can be contacted at email@example.com or (02) 6620 3628.
Our University remains open, and our campuses are available for you to access.
Dedicated student study spaces
Lismore Campus - Lismore Campus Access map
- R1.92 Computer Lab
- V1.17 Mac / PC Computer Lab
- A Block Level 1 and 2 Engineering Labs
- C Block Student Study Space
Gold Coast Campus - Gold Coast Campus Access map
- B4.24 Computer Lab
- B4.00 Student Lounge
Dedicated staff spaces
The Learning Centres at Lismore and Gold Coast campuses have been established as dedicated staff spaces, given that all library services are now online. As each Learning Centre does not currently have staff present in the buildings at all times, it will be necessary to arrange entry and exit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University Libraries are delivering their services online. Although the libraries are closed to physical patrons, students are encouraged to continue to use all of the deep online resources available. We also encourage students to study from home where possible, and remind you of the range of services still available online.
Visit our Virtual Library Services page for more information.
- All items currently on loan will be renewed until 1st May. This date will be reviewed and extended if necessary.
No late fines will be applied during the COVID-19 emergency.
- Student Help Desks/Students Hubs have transitioned to virtual mode. Applications, enrolment details, chat functions and all other student enquiry services have been virtualised.
All phone, text, chat and email queries will be responded to either in real time or via normal queues.
Gold Coast campus:
- The Green Room is closed
- CoastRs Bulding A Level 1 is open (9:00am - 3:00pm QLD time) as long as the campus remains open.
- The printing service CoastRs are offering students is now free for all students transitioning online.
- This service cannot be delivered from home and is 100% reliant on using the equipment in the office.
- Call CoastRs on 07 5589 3072.
- The Deck and Lounge is closed
- The Quick Brown Fox remains open
- Unique Thai is closed
Coffs Harbour campus:
- The Cafe remains open
Virtual Fitness Room – Gold Coast Campus and Coffs Harbour Campus
- Closed until further notice. Both facilities are unstaffed, and as such regular disinfection and cleaning cannot be guaranteed.
- Closed until further notice. The closure also covers all scheduled group fitness classes.
Graduation ceremonies and testamurs
Graduation ceremonies have been cancelled until 1 July. We will be fast-tracking the production of testamurs for all graduands so that no student will be disadvantaged in their search for employment. www.scu.edu.au/graduation
We have not taken this decision lightly as we recognise the inconvenience it will inevitably cause – in particular for those people who have already made travel arrangements. However, promoting the health and safety of the University and wider community must remain our top priority.
- All classes have moved to online.
- Our cleaning regime has been stepped up to the highest level of deep-cleaning.
- No open service of food at any event.
- No event to be held where attendance is likely to attract 500 people (including staff). Non-essential events will be postponed or cancelled.
- Some may proceed as long as they don’t exceed 100 persons indoors (with an average 4m-square floorspace for all attending) and without the provision of food.
- For staff, the Head of Work Unit will continue to be your key contact point for the implementation of our COVID-19 safety measures.