COVID-19 latest information for students and staff
Updated 27 May 2020
- Our University remains open, and our campuses are available for you to access.
Dedicated spaces have been identified for staff and students; some buildings will be temporarily closed to conserve energy and water. See details and maps.
- Southern Cross University has established a COVID-19 Bursary to provide students residing in Australia with financial support of up to $500. Applications are now closed.
- International Student Emergency Relief Fund.
The Australian Red Cross has funding to support students who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents that have an urgent need as a result of the COVID-19. More details.
- Dedicated student study spaces
We have created dedicated student study spaces that will operate within COVID-19 requirements.
These computer labs and study spaces are dedicated for exclusive student use. More details.
- Dedicated staff spaces
The Libraries at Lismore and Gold Coast campuses have been established as dedicated staff spaces, given that all library services are now online. As each Library does not currently have staff present in the buildings at all times, it will be necessary to arrange entry and exit by emailing email@example.com. Coffs Harbour campus also has dedicated staff spaces. More details.
- Vice Chancellor's update.
- The libraries on each campus are offering online services.
- All teaching is now online.
The COVID-19 situation is dynamic and fast moving and this page will be regularly updated to reflect University decisions made by our COVID-19 Incident Group. Our decision making is being guided by the fundamental principle that the health and safety of our staff and students is paramount.
We will continue to apply an abundance of caution as we actively review our practices in order to ensure that we are able to continue to operate throughout this situation.
If you need to contact the University because your situation is affected by the Novel Coronavirus outbreak please use this dedicated email: SCUAssist@scu.edu.au.