Southern Cross University Battle of the Bands
Southern Cross University Battle of the Bands is a new university wide band competition open to currently enrolled Southern Cross University students. This event runs alongside UNISOUNDS and offers students the chance perform live and get exposure to a large local audience.
Entry is free and the competition is open to bands, duos and solo acts from all genres. Any student participating in this competition is strongly encouraged to enter the UNISOUNDS ’17 competition as well this competition as it a huge opportunity for successful student musicians.
We are calling for performers to enter and submit a video of their act for SCU Battle of the Bands before 7 August 2017.
Enter now via the SCU Battle of the Bands Eventbrite Registration.
All audio and video performances will be judged and the shortlisted performers will be go through to the SCU Battle of the Bands Grand Final at the SCU Unibar, Lismore campus on Thursday 17th August 2017.
- Winner receives a $500 Visa Card plus a paid gig at the Unibar to the value of $600
- Runner up receives a $300 Visa Card
- Third place receives a $200 Visa Card
- Registration opens on Monday 10 July 2017
- Registration closes Monday 7 August 2017
- Grand Final Thursday 17 August 2017
Past SCU entrants in The National Campus Band Competition (now known as UNISOUNDS)
- Nocturnal Tapes (2015 winner)
- Ladyslug (2016 QLD state finalist)
- Parkside Orchestra (2014 winner)
- The Dominiques
- The Mango Good Boys
- Last Living Phantasms
- Clocks and Dice
- Platinum Pen
- The Swamp Stompers
- The Button Collective
This event is a university-wide competition funded by the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).