Exchange - How to Apply
- To be eligible for international outbound exchange you must be a current Southern Cross University student who has successfully completed eight units of study, prior to commencing exchange.
- Choose from our Exchange Partner Institutions to find out which institution best fits the subjects in your current study plan.
- Complete the International Exchange Enquiry form to register your interest.
- Contact your school's Student Advice Team (SAT). This team manages all school enquiries and will work with you to complete the Exchange Course Credit Transfer.
Student Advice Team
T: (02) 6620 3666
It is essential you follow these steps above before to moving to the next stage.
- Before starting the application process, read the Applying for Exchange at Southern Cross University (pdf) so you are familiar with the process.
The application will not save in My Enrolment unless you select 'YES I will submit a physical copy' if you do not have the required documents to upload. Question 10 is compulsory as this will trigger your enrolment.
- Apply using the online application via My Enrolment.
- Compile all necessary documents required to complete the Southern Cross Exchange application and submit through My Enrolment.
Your application is assessed and if successful, will be nominated to the partner institution. Turnaround time will depend on the partner institution, sometimes there are extended delays.
- You will be contacted by SCU International, once we have received advice from the partner institution.
- Only after acceptance is received can you apply for your visa, book your flights and source travel insurance. SCU International is prohibited to provide advice about visa requirements. Refer to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for more information.
- IMPORTANT Please make sure you are enrolled in Southern Cross University units. Contact your school's SAT member to confirm.
- Complete a mandatory pre-departure session and quiz in preparing to go.
Getting ready to go
Before you leave, please review the information below.