Become a Student Volunteer
The Orientation and Induction team values student volunteers and welcomes expressions of interest to be a Student Volunteer Leader with the team. Students must be currently enrolled and have completed one session or two terms of study at SCU to apply. Read more about the following:
On-campus volunteering involves:
- Welcome commencing students to the University community
- Assist new students with FAQs and refer them to the correct university support service
- Be familiar with Orientation processes and online connection events
- Provide event assistance with setting up and packing down
- Assist with connecting events
Online volunteering involves:
- The opportunity to connect with new students through various online platforms or sessions, for example, posting and commenting in the New to SCU Facebook group.
- Assist with online connecting events
Do you have other ideas on how you can support first-year students? We would love to hear them! Let us know your skills and passions and we can work together to create a volunteer opportunity that suits you. For example, we have art students leading an art workshop for new students. Apply today and select 'other' and we will reach out to discuss volunteering options with you.
Online training details and Work, Health and Safety Induction details will be provided to you when you submit an application.
- Written recognition from the university to acknowledge your role.
- A chance to make new friends and networks.
- A chance to build up graduate attribute skills in communication, decision making and leadership to achieve that dream job.
- The ability to make a positive impact on the experience of first-year students at their Orientation.
Applications are now closed for 2023. Applications will open again towards the end of the year so keep an eye on your student email for the opportunity to join our amazing team of student volunteers.
For further enquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org