Become a Student Leader (Orientation)
The Orientation team invites currently enrolled students studying at Southern Cross University, who have successfully completed one Session of study, to apply for the Student Leader (Orientation) Program.
- Welcome commencing students to the University community, answer commencing students FAQs or know where to refer them.
- Be familiar with the Orientation campus or online study schedules for that Session.
- Assist with the Get Orientated sessions with UniMentor staff.
- Present a testimonial during the course information session.
- Lead commencing students to other sessions as needed during the day.
- Join in with the Orientation lunches and socialise with commencing students.
- Provide event assistance — set up and pack up.
- Be involved in Check-In Events in Week 2.
Student Leaders: how are you identified?
Student Leaders will be identified by wearing different coloured caps corresponding to the School’s academic dress colours.
A training day will be held one week prior to Session 1 Orientation each year and delivered by the Orientation team at each campus. It will cover the role of the student leader, overview of Orientation, there will be a chance to share Orientation experiences, and information about Check-In events in Week 2. The online university Work, Health and Safety Induction Certificate will have to be presented on the day of training to be a Student Leader (Orientation).
- Training Day, morning tea and lunch supplied.
- Recognition of Participation Certificate signed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Students)
- Polo shirt and a cap with a different colour to indicate your Academic School.
- Varsity Jacket if volunteering for two Sessions in one academic year
- A chance to make new friends and networks.
- A chance to build up graduate attribute skills in communication, decision making and leadership to achieve that dream job.
How to Apply
To apply to be a Student Leader (Orientation):