How to nominate
A student can self-nominate or be nominated by someone in any award category.
What to include in your nomination
You will need to demonstrate how you best meet the criteria in an Award Category. You must ensure that your nomination includes:
- Evidence of your achievement (in 500 words or less);
For self-nominations only:
- An endorsement of the nomination from at least one person (no word limit).
How to submit your nomination
Nominations for 2018 are now open and you will need to complete in full and submit your nomination via the online portal before the closing date. The closing date for online nominations is at 11:59pm on Friday 7 September 2018. No late nominations will be accepted after this date.
Who can nominate
- All nominees must be an enrolled student, or on approved leave of absence, for at least one session of the year nominated. Nominees can be enrolled full-time or part-time and can be from any academic cohort, such as undergraduate or postgraduate.
- Nominees may be at any stage of their study.
- All nominees must have complied with these criteria in the preceding 12 months (September to September).
- Nominees must have achieved a satisfactory academic record and have not been the subject of any student misconduct.
- Unsuccessful applicants are eligible to reapply for an award in subsequent years, however previous award recipients are ineligible to apply for the same award (unless in an alternative sport for the sports awards only) in the subsequent year.
- Previous individual award recipients are eligible to apply as part of a team in subsequent years.
- Previous team award recipients are eligible to apply for an individual award in the following year.
The Southern Cross University Student Awards recipients will be selected by an awards panel made up of experts in each award category.
Granting of the Awards
The granting of awards will be based on the information and evidence provided in the online nomination form. The Selection Panel will assess the nominations against the award criteria for the relevant category. The Selection Panel reserves the right not to grant an award in any category.
For more information on the awards contact the UniLife team via email: email@example.com.