As a general rule if a candidate is unable to attend an examination at the scheduled time and day they must advise both the Supervisor at their exam centre (if not sitting at a Southern Cross University campus) and the Examinations Team email@example.com or 1800 005 687 before the examination is held.
Special Examinations will generally be held in the next available University exam period. Applications for special examinations must be made in writing and the relevant supporting documentation provided. Special exams are not normally granted for students unable to attend exams as a result of work commitments or overseas/interstate travel arrangements. Misreading the examination timetable is not grounds for a special examination.
If you cannot attend your scheduled examination you will need to apply for . Note the 2-week approval timeline after examinations complete to receive approval to sit in the next examination period.
Requests for special consideration in relation to examinations shall only be considered on the following grounds:
- health (including impacts of religious fasting);
- compassionate circumstances; religious observances or celebrations;
- serious unforeseen personal events;
- selection in State, national or international sporting or cultural events;
- rendering genuine and unforeseen emergency service in a professional or voluntary capacity; or
- rendering any service (including undertaking training) in the Defence Reserves.
Note: If you are offered an exam resit and accept the offer, you will be scheduled to sit in the next available exam period.
For more information see:
- Section 4 — Grounds for Special Consideration
- Section 6 — Examination and Special Examination Periods
Special Examination periods in 2018
|Special Exams and Resits||Commence||Finish|
|Session 1, 2018||Cancelled due to Commonwealth Games|
|Session 2, 2018||13 August 2018||16 August 2018|
|Session 3, 2018||10 December 2018||13 December 2018|