International Women's Day
The University acknowledges International Women's Day, which is held on 8 March each year.
International Women's Day is a world-wide celebration of women's social, economic, cultural and political achievements. It provides a focus to the continuing need for achieving gender equality.
There will be an #EachforEqual poster display at each campus during the week commencing Monday 9 March 2020. The poster display locations are:
- Coffs Harbour campus: in the Library
- Gold Coast campus: in the Marquee at the back of Building A
- Lismore campus: in Goodman Plaza
International Women's Day 2020 theme is #EachforEqual
An equal world is an enabled world.
Individually, we're all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day.
We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women's achievements.
Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world.
Let's all be #EachforEqual.
Some things you can do to celebrate International Women's Day
- Check out Southern Cross University's Women in research who are changing the world
- Learn about the history of International Women's Day.
- Watch International Women's Day-themed videos.
- Download 50 Ways to Fight Bias.
- Visit the International Women's Day website.
- Read Women In Tech articles.
- Read Women At Work articles.
- Read Women Entrepreneurs articles.
- Find out about International Women's Day Best Practice.
- Make a donation to UN Women Australia to empower women and girls in over 100 countries around the world.