Sunday August 18, 10.30am-2.30pm
Southern Cross Drive, Bilinga (in the Gold Coast Airport precinct)
Take a campus tour, check out our fantastic facilities and speak with experts about your degree options, career possibilities and university life.
Our music students will entertain you throughout the day. Experience virtual and augmented reality demonstrations (including a VR tour of the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse), get a free 5-minute health check, experience interactive science, see drones and robotics in action, discover a scientific life on the high seas at our research boat, and much more.
Sky high art! Internationally-renowned giant mural artist Guido van Helten’s 10-storey work - on the Gold Coast Highway side of Building B - will be lit up over the Open Day weekend.
Money-cutter makes political statement with his art: Visit artist-in-residence John Reid as he cuts up his savings to highlight human rights abuses uncovered by Amnesty International.
See our best art on show in the ‘25 Artists 25 Years’ exhibition. Over the past 25 years Southern Cross University has nurtured the development of nearly 700 visual art students. A curatorial team from the Bachelor of Art and Design program has selected 25 alumni who have sustained their practice over time with innovation and originality.
Plus a panel of our visual arts alumni will be sharing how their art education has painted the way for bright careers!
Order in the court! Solo v Government of Alderaan. Experience a live ‘mock’ court in session, as the defendant and plaintiff battle it out to seek justice in a special Star Wars themed trial. Judge (Dean and Head of the School of Law and Justice) Professor William MacNeil calls upon your presence to impartially help him seek the truth of the law… no objections! You’d be a wookie to miss it!
Course information sessions
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Music, Creative Arts & Digital Media
- Business, Tourism & Information Technology
- Education & Teaching
- Environment, Science & Engineering
- Marine Science
- Law & Justice
- Indigenous Knowledge
- Health Sciences – including nursing, midwifery, biomedical science, sport and exercise science, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology and speech pathology
- Getting into uni: Learn about all the different pathways to a degree
- Southern Cross mythbusters bust some moves and some myths about university
- Don’t panic! Parent’s guide to Southern Cross University
Face your future and discover everything you need to know about Southern Cross University at Open Day!
View the full Gold Coast Open Day program.
Media contact: Jessica Nelson 0417288794 or firstname.lastname@example.org