Excellence in Engagement Awards
The Southern Cross University Excellence in Engagement Awards celebrate the contribution of our University staff and community and industry partners who have enriched our communities during the past twelve months.
Award recipients epitomise the mission and values of Southern Cross University and demonstrate exemplary active citizenship through vision, leadership and excellence in scholarship and service.
The key objectives of the Excellence in Engagement Awards include:
- Celebrate exemplary scholarship and practice in engagement
- Contribute to the development of a culture of excellence in engagement
- Profile the diversity of engagement activity
- Enhance the understanding of engagement as a research and teaching methodology
- Increase the visibility of engagement at Southern Cross.
Categories for the Excellence in Engagement Awards are:
- Engaged Learning
- Engaged Research
- Community Impact
Go to the Award Categories page for more details.
- Extending the reach and impact of the community partnership/ project
- Promotion and media related to the community partnership/ project (e.g. producing a short video or podcast)
- Producing a case study of the winning partnership/ project
Funds will be disbursed to a University account set up on behalf of recipients and should be spent by 31 December 2019.
Requests for expenditure need to be provided to and approved by the Partnerships and Engagement Team prior to acquittal of funds.
2018 Key Dates
- 20 June: Nominations open
- 7 - 15 August: Information sessions for staff interested in nominating
- 8 October: Nominations close
- 22 November: Winners announced at the Excellence of Engagement Awards Reception
Celebrating our Past Award Recipients
You can access past years' Award recipients and the shortlisted nominations at the links below: