Engaging with our Communities
Engaging with our communities is at the heart of what we do at Southern Cross University. Through collaboration with our communities we create authentic learning experiences for our students and globally recognised innovative and relevant research.
Our founding Act describes a principal function of the University as "the provision of courses of study or instruction across a range of fields, and the carrying out of research, to meet the needs of the community". Our vision and mission are firmly anchored in the ways that we enrich communities through the excellence of our graduates and the quality of our teaching and research.
We work to create distinctive opportunities for engaged learning and research as a hallmark of the Southern Cross University experience.
We are here:
- Supporting our students to reach their potential through an awesome student experience inside and outside the classroom
- Providing more opportunities for our students and our researchers through partnering with our communities
- Providing student amenities that make our campuses amazing places to study, play and be healthy
- Supporting our academic colleagues to adopt more engaged research and teaching practices as a central element of their work as scholars and citizens
- Nurturing a culture of giving through enhanced donor and industry relationships that expand the connection between the University’s alumni and the academic endeavours of staff and students.
The Partnerships team connect, broker and facilitate partnering with organisations and individuals to deliver quality academic and development outcomes in the context of the University’s strategic priorities.
Key functions include:
- Partnerships and coordination
- Coordination of the University Alumni Impact Awards
- Developing entrepreneurial mindsets through the Enterprise Lab
- Deepening connections through primary and high school partnership programs.
- Alumni communications and engagement
- Student scholarships and opportunities fund
- Workplace giving and philanthropy
Donor identification and coordination
As a key portfolio within Southern Cross, we connect communities and create rich student experience through relevant opportunities for teaching and research and the central practices of engagement, collaboration and partnership. Be inspired by our Stories of Engagement.
Innovate with Us
As Australia’s engaged University, the Southern Cross Enterprise Lab activates future entrepreneurs to develop solutions to problems worth solving. To find out more email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website:
Join with Us
As Australia’s Engaged University, Southern Cross is a progressive public purpose university with a strong social mission for impact. To find out more about becoming a donor, email us at email@example.com or visit the website:
Connect with Us
For Partnerships enquiries please contact our Partnerships Team
For Alumni enquiries please contact our Alumni Team
For Schools Engagement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org