Harmony Day is a day of cultural respect for everyone who calls Australia home - from the traditional owners and custodians of this land to those who have come from many countries around the world. It coincides with the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
The overarching theme for Harmony Day is 'Everyone Belongs'.
In light of the reduced number of students and staff on-campus and the current need to practise social distancing, the Harmony Day events planned for Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast and Lismore campuses on Wednesday, 18 March have been cancelled.
However, we are able to celebrate Harmony Day virtually!
Below are the contributions of students and staff expressing their thoughts and aspirations to complete the phrase
Together we can...
- build a kind world free from hostility.
- respect and listen and learn from each other.
- make a difference for the better.
- be stronger.support each other to be kind, to share resources, and to help wherever possible, to whatever degree we can manage
- coexist, flourish and thrive with a spirit of authenticity, well-being, and universal love. Being human is about cultivating and living out compassion, dignity, and self-esteem. We can all become more confident and in control if we exercise basic respect, empathy, and inclusion. May peace fill your souls. That's what harmony means to me.
- listen to one another, so gaining empathy, and realising our similarities, as well as celebrating our diversities.
- create a loving and peaceful world.
- support our most vulnerable.
- change the narrative and public discourse surrounding the realities experienced by refugees and asylum seekers.
- decolonise to create a just and inclusive community
- do anything. Together we can SMILE. Together we can laugh loudly.
- overcome anything.
- stop negativity and hatred.
- learn from others experiences!!
- make every impossibility an opportunity for a possibility.
- go further and in peace.
- together our spirits can hold hands.
- support each other to be kind, to share resources, and to help wherever possible, to whatever degree we can manage.
- create a better world :)
- build a better and more loving world.
- view adversity as a path that leads us to heal united.
- spread kindness.
If you would like to send through your contribution, please email them to the Equity Coordinator email@example.com