Digital Enterprise Lab Innovation Challenge
# Digital Enterprise Lab celebrates first Innovation Challenge with revolutionary solutions # Read the news story
The industry presents a challenge, your team comes up with the solution.
Do you have the next world-first idea to revolutionise the airport experience?
The Digital Enterprise Lab at Southern Cross University's Gold Coast campus is holding a one-day Innovation Challenge to create real solutions for industry problems. Powered by Salesforce, the world's number one CRM platform, this is your chance to innovate and create.
Industry Partner? Gold Coast Airport
The Team? You.
Using the Salesforce technology, your task is to design and develop a new IT solution on mobile, cloud, or virtual reality.
You will be given the opportunity to pitch your business case and showcase the proof-of-concept in front of industry judges, including those from Salesforce and Gold Coast Airport.
This is a unique opportunity to gain real-world innovation experience, while learning from industry experts. Intellectual property arising from this event is all yours, and the winning teams will be offered further mentoring, support and facilities for start-up incubation, including access to the Gold Coast Airport’s precinct and experts to deploy and test your solutions.
Gold Coast Airport is looking for original ideas and proof-of-concepts for:
- Customer Experience – Develop an experience that would exceed your expectations as a customer. This can cover any area of the airport precinct. Be Creative.
- Retail / Commercial Experience – A modern airport is not just a runway but a collection of retail and customer experiences. Develop an innovative digital experience that would Wow our customers.
- Operational Efficiency – An airport requires a lot of coordination between many stakeholders and technical systems. Identify and create a solution that focuses on creating efficiencies. Identify your stakeholder and show the value of the efficiency gain.
N.B. Participating teams are encouraged to develop their solutions as early as possible, and use the innovation camp event to refine the ideas and polish the prototype (not starting from scratch on the day). The more mature your solution is by the end of the day, the better chance you’ll get the opportunity to win the pitch.
Kylee Ingram – Southern Cross Enterprise Lab, Expert in Residence
Kylee Ingram is a digital content/TV producer and entrepreneur with 15 years of experience in TV production. Kylee’s diverse career now reaches into interactive projects and cross-platform media in the digital sphere and in May 2012 Kylee started a new company Elevator Entertainment to expand her experience in storytelling across a range of different platforms.
Kylee’s interactive projects have achieved outstanding international marketplace recognition and her leadership in the cross-platform field has been recognised by XMedia Lab, SXSW and Cannes.
Kylee is currently the Southern Cross Enterprise Lab’s Expert in Residence.
Michael Meisels - Salesforce
Michael Meisels is the Heroku Lead for APAC Commercial Business Unit at Salesforce. Michael has been working with a number of customers across the region to unlock the power of the data in their CRM and put it into the hands of their customers, partners and external stakeholders to maximise the engagement whilst minimising the operational complexity for the company.
Michael is a subject matter expert and the APAC lead in the region and presents regularly at industry events and at Salesforce conferences.
Troy Sellers - Salesforce
Seven years ago, Troy joined Salesforce and spent 5 years working as an Enterprise Architect on the core Salesforce Platform. His background as an analyst programmer naturally led him to focus on the open source programming platform that is Heroku, a team he joined 2 years ago.
Today, Troy helps our customers across APAC to design and launch solutions that span across the Salesforce ecosystem. He works out of the Sydney office and loves to talk about event driven architectures, software design and general technology trends.
Adam Sellers - Salesforce
Adam joined Salesforce as a Lead Solution Engineer over 4 years ago, previously the Head of IT Operations for O’Brien Glass. Today, Adam is a Principal Solution Engineer – Platform Specialist.
Having managed and worked on several organisational transformation projects throughout his career, from ERP to business process and master data management initiatives, Adam brings a complete 360 degree view to bear on all challenges presented to deliver the right solution.
Adam’s specialities include Strategic IT Leadership, General Management, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, eCommerce, Web2.0, Big Data, Analytics, ERP, Digital Marketing and Open Source.
- When: March 15, 2018 - 8:00am - 6:30pm
- Where: Digital Enterprise Lab, Southern Cross University Gold coast Campus
- Overview of the day
- Morning: Briefing and master classes
- Afternoon: Finalise prototype
- Evening: Pitch to the judges, followed by networking refreshments and announcement of winners
- Be inspired by the experts that run the Airports and kick start your digital transformation ideas
- Use design thinking as a strategy for innovation
- Rapidly develop innovative IT solution, coached by the Salesforce team
- Deliver your amazing pitch, mentored by world-class pitching specialists, and judged by industry and business leaders
- Win the prizes and exclusive mentoring by Salesforce and Gold Coast Airport for deploying your solutions into reality within 12 weeks