Startup in Residence Program 2018
Startup in Residence Program
Round one is now closed.
Amplify your entrepreneurial potential
As Australia’s engaged University, the Southern Cross Enterprise Lab activates future entrepreneurs to develop solutions to problems worth solving.
As a platform, the Enterprise Lab nurtures the innovation ecosystem in the Northern Rivers region through vibrant collaboration between entrepreneurs, researchers and students.
The Lab provides access to spaces, resources, knowledge, and talent to turn ideas into action. It’s a dynamic place where solution-driven entrepreneurs start, grow and scale, and a vibrant venue for meaningful and immersive events and workshops.
Become part of the Northern Rivers growing innovation eco-system
Southern Cross Enterprise Lab Startup in Residence Program aims to foster the development of up-and-coming, innovative startups in the Northern Rivers.
Our program provides a co-working space and resources for up to 6-months to founders and their teams who have been through our two-day intensive boot camp.
The boot camp takes you through a range of ‘thinking tools’ providing you a chance to further workshop your ideas, refine your business model and identify opportunities for growth.
Ultimately, the founder’s ability to create a successful company is dependent on their commitment and capacity to learn in the exciting environment of being an entrepreneur. Our Startup in Residence program is designed to facilitate the founder’s potential for success through access to space, expertise and experience.
- A program for driven, independent entrepreneurs to facilitate potential for success.
- A supportive, value adding co-working space where entrepreneurs can develop, evaluate and grow their ideas.
- An initiative that works with people and companies who have the potential to scale nationally and/or internationally.
- Entry level business development support and training.
- Mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Application advice and support for grants, pitching and funding opportunities.
- Connection to other Enterprise Lab initiatives including conferences, events, and workshops.
- Access to University Library e-books and e-journal articles.
- Expert advice from University staff.
- Potential access to student and research partnerships.
- Resident selection is by a competitive application process.
- Free co-working space available Startups must range from 1-5 team members.
- Startups must be registered or intending to register in NSW within the next 12-months.
- Based in the Northern Rivers Region (NSW).
- Initial residency for 6-months.
- Desk and wireless internet access.
- Access to shared meeting rooms.
- Secure Parking.
- Kitchen facilities.
- Printing Facilities.*
- Onsite Catering.*
- Onsite pool and gym facilities.*
* costs may apply
The Enterprise Lab is on Level 3, Block A, Southern Cross University, Lismore campus.
The two-day boot camp will be held during March in the Enterprise Lab, Level 3, Block A, Southern Cross University, Lismore Campus